Six steps to do a better job than your competition
Your sales drop and your regular customers have stopped looking for you, why is that?
Probably, your competitor is offering a similar product to yours, but with better quality, price or some added value.
What can we do against such situation? There are two ways the entrepreneur reacts: keep doing the same or improve your product.
The existence of competition makes entrepreneurs to get out from their comfort zone and offer better products and services to its customers.
Consider these six recommendations to beat your competition:
1. Become a mystery shopper: impersonate a customer for your competitors will allow you to know in what you are failing. Acquire their product or service, review their website, visit their branches, and test how good their customer service is.
2. Question why are you failing: communication between your customers and you must be constant. Prepare a small survey to find out what they like and dislike about your product or service.
3. Adapt to your customer needs: check issues such projections or estimates involving the course of your business.
4. Use technology for your advantage: there are different software that help you understand the behavior of your customer. In addition, social networks set you closer to consumers, responding to their demands and needs.
5. Offer a guarantee: it could be the added value that you need to attract customers.
6. Do not talk about competition: talking bad or comparing you with your competitors could be like a boomerang effect.
Fair competition is great, and it’s better when you take advisory from excellent consultants. MVP Business Strategy can solve the problems that your competition presents, by creating effective strategies for positioning your product or service.